News and Events
CITR Project 96-6-1
Transmission Techniques for Broadband Satellite Communications
The long term objective of this project is to examine design issues in the physical and medium access layers of satellite systems that provide broadband multimedia communications services. The main focus are :
- Development of a burst coherent OQPSK demodulator for broadband satcom with integrated timing, phase, and doppler estimation.
- The development of code concatenation strategy to combat random as well as bursty transmission errors
- Multi-user receivers for CDMA and a cost/capacity comparison between CDMA and TDMA.
- Coded Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing for digital broadcasting via satellites.
CITR Major Project on Broadband Satcom:
- Dr. Tho LeNgoc, Concordia, Major Project Leader
- Mr. Chun Loo, CRC, Project Leader on On Board Processing Techniques
- Dr. Victor Leung, U.B.C, Project Leader on Interworking Networks
Research Associates at SFU:
- Tho LeNgoc, Concordia University
- David Haccoun, Ecole Polytechnique