News and Events
Image Communication Lab
Multimedia Communication Laboratory, located within the SFU Engineering Science Department, is headed by Dr. Ivan Bajic and Dr. Jie Liang.
The Lab specializes in the design and testing of new algorithms for the compression and transmission of digital image, video and audio signals. These exciting topics have been experiencing an explosion of activity over the past few years, due to the development of the next-generation image coding standard JPEG 2000 and video coding standard H.264.
Current Research Projects
- Error Resilient Image and Video Coding
o Error resilient lapped transform
- JPEG 2000 Tiling Artifact Removal
- Jittering Artifact Removal in 3-D Wavelet Video Coding
- Context Adaptive Entropy Coding
- Joint Optimization of Video Codec Parameters
- Low Bit-Rate Video Coding