News & Events
Senior Lecturer in the School of Engineering Science
BA Honours (English Literature) University of British Columbia
MA (English Literature) University of British Columbia
ABD (English Language and Rhetoric), University of British Columbia
1.0 Expertise and Research Interests
- Writing instruction focusing on social and rhetorical strategies
- Integrating communication skills in the engineering curriculum
- Writing for success when English is not a first language
- Social implications of technology
- The effects of style on readers
- Engineering communication
- Engineering ethics
2.0 Current SFU Writing Courses
3.0 Professional Memberships
4.0 Current Committee and Faculty Activities
5.0 Selected Publications
Engineering Communication. Co-authored with Steve Whitmore. John Wiley and Sons. Textbook. In process.
Engineering Science Communication Handbooks, 6th/7th eds. Co-authored with Steve Whitmore:
Materials Science and Engineering Handbook. Co-authored with Steve Whitmore. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. 1993.
- Module 1: Communication Skills for Engineering Students, 6th ed. 1996.
- Module 2: Report Writing and Employment Information, 6th ed. 1996.
- Module 3: Project Documentation and Collaborative Writing, 7th ed. 1999.
- Module 4: Writing Thesis Proposals and Theses, 7th ed. 1999.
Last Updated July, 2000